Friday, December 3, 2010

Krazy Things Kids Say - Part I of ?

The current deluge of 3-D films at the box office has me, well, like the movies themselves, nauseous. I understand it's cool. Yes, the technology is fabulous. Ok...ok, some movies are indeed better in 3D. But really? Must every movie be released in 3-D? Since past behavior is always a great indicator of future behavior, I'll have to research how long the first 3-D fad lasted in the 50s, and then bide my time accordingly.
However, this story is not really about the overly prolific 3-D format. Instead, I would like to focus on a mind-boggling comment I overheard from a typical American, middle-school aged, PFY (pimply-faced youth) while leaving a 3-D movie. Like poker players who have tells, but think they do not, if one is observant around 13 year-olds, one can often learn more than what is actually said. As I was leaving the newest, and 3-D, installment of Jackass, I overheard the aforementioned PFY say, seriously....with intent....and a straight face, "Dude, that was, like, so cool! Wouldn't it, like, be awesome if real life was, like, 3-D?"
Yes, indeed. Wouldn't it be cool?

No comments:

Post a Comment