Sunday, February 3, 2013

Progress Check for Jason Glass, Iowa State Director of Education

Two years ago, I posted a number of profiles for new politicians, errrr, I mean "educators," who had been appointed as the education leader in their states. Most of these people, like infamous Washington D.C. Superintendent Michelle Rhee (3 years of teaching experience), have little, if any, actual classroom experience. This is the main factor in why they cannot seem to solve the most obvious of problems in education. What seems as obvious as the roundness of the moon to people in the classroom, eludes these people and their doctorate degrees. So how has Mr., excuse me, Doctor, Glass been doing? Recall that he came into office so that he could bring his "experience to bear on how teachers in Iowa are evaluated and paid." Well, kind reader, I'll let you examine this article and sound off in the comments below

No comments:

Post a Comment